Thursday, March 18, 2010

Alice in Wonderland - Review



<br />










This Walt Disney Studios picture, directed by Tim Burton and starring Mr. Depp as an orange-haired Mad Hatter, made an estimated $116.3 million at North American theaters, according to Hollywood.com, which tracks sales information. The movie took in an additional $94 million overseas, breaking a smattering of foreign records, for a total of $210.3 million (as quoted here). . . and I can see why!






This was my first experience with 3-D movies, and while at first I felt as if I was wearing prescription glasses 2x the prescription I needed, my eyes adjusted after only a few minutes and I was able to enjoy the show along with the rest of the audience. I was blown away by the picture quality, special effects and entertainment value of this movie. I am a big fan of Johnny Depp, and he didn't let me down in this movie. His character was as whimsically absent-minded as it was in Pirates 1, 2 and 3. I'll admit that I had expected this movie to have an overall dark feeling to it, being a Tim Burton film, but it was surprisingly light and comical, with a few dark moments interspursed.






This is NOT just a kid's movie, it would be enjoyed by the entire family - adults included! So go see it, if you haven't already!!!









Reference: http://melindajoy.blogspot.com/2010/03/alice-in-wonderland-review.html

No comments:

Post a Comment